Citrus Loans which is a trading name of Aspire Money Limited is a registered loan broker that is fully authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. We do not charge any fees and if we are successful in finding you a financial product, our income will derive from commissions paid by finance providers on completion of your loan. In some instances a broker fee is paid only on completion of your loan.
We will not provide any recommendation; we only provide loan options from lenders on our panel where you meet their criteria from which you can make an informed decision on which is the right loan option for you. You will be made aware by the lender of any charges/fees/commissions involved. They will also explain any cancellation rights in your credit agreement so please ensure that you read the terms and conditions of the credit agreement before you make a final decision.
We have to provide you with certain information and will provide this in an abbreviated disclosure when we make telephone contact with you. If we do not make telephone contact with you and should you wish to see the full disclosure, please click on: Full Disclosure Document.
This link will also be included in your Welcome email.
Please see below a list of lenders or companies that you may qualify with:
1st Stop Personal Loans
1st Stop Secured Loans
Guarantor My Loans
One Plus One
Opal Loans Secured
Pounds to Pocket
Companies and individuals who process and retain information about their customers under the Data Protection Act are required to tell the customer how the information will be used and to what purposes it will be put. Aspire Money Limited's policy describes how personal data relating to customers is processed. We work closely with a number of specialist companies that offer a range of financial products. These specialist companies may contact you should they be able to help you from the information you submit to us.
Citrus Loans which is a trading name of Aspire Money Limited needs to make you aware of the application process that protects you as a consumer and us as a service provider under the Data Protection Act. We will use the information you provide for the following purposes, this is important information that you should read before you submit your application:
- It is important that you provide us with accurate information about you or others, if it's a joint application and that you have their agreement. If you give us false or inaccurate information we may check your details with fraud prevention and credit reference agencies to process the application or enquiry you have made;
- Some of our lenders may undertake a search with credit reference agencies in order to verify your identity and to make, or cause a search or searches to be made, at a credit reference agency on yourself and any other named Person (s) on the application or enquiry. The Credit Reference Agency may check the details you supply to us against any particulars on any database, public or otherwise, to which they have access. They may also use the details we supply in the future to assist other companies for verification purposes or perform similar checks. When credit reference agencies receive a search they will place a "footprint" on your credit file whether or not the application proceeds.
- We will use the information provided to us by credit reference and fraud prevention agencies to help make credit or credit related decisions, to verify identity, for the prevention and detection of fraud and/or money laundering, and to manage accounts.
- Unless you tell us otherwise, we and our business partners may contact you or any other person referred to by you in connection to the application or enquiry by a variety of means including, though not limited to: post, telephone, e-mail and/or SMS text message, mobile telephone and in writing about offers, products and services which may be of interest to you.
- We may also disclose personal information about you to the extent required by Law, Court Order, by Government order or decree.
- On some occasions in order for Citrus Loans which is a trading name of Aspire Money Limited, to be able to find an offer it may be appropriate to negotiate the loan amount on your behalf. This will involve lowering the loan amount before being submitted to a lender.
- Except as described above, we will not disclose your personal information to Third Parties, without your consent. You may be assured that Citrus Loans which is a trading name of Aspire Money Limited and any company associated with us will treat all personal data and sensitive personal data as confidential and will not process it other than for a legitimate purpose.
- Steps will be taken to ensure that the information is accurate and kept up to date and not kept for longer than is necessary. Measures will also be taken to safeguard against unauthorised or unlawful processing and accidental loss or destruction or damage to data.
- We may be required to transfer your data securely to our affiliate in the USA solely for data storage purposes.
- Submission of this application means that you agreed that your personal data will be used in accordance with our data protection policy. Any other broker or lender to whom the information is passed during processing your application may use it in the same way.
Access to Your Data
You have the right to obtain confirmation of the data we process for you and access to your personal data so that you are aware of and can verify the lawfulness of the processing.
Citrus Loans will provide you with a copy of the information free of charge. We will provide this information without any delay and at the latest within one month of receipt of your request.
We may extend the period of compliance by a further two months where requests are onerous or numerous. If this is the case, we will inform you within one month of the receipt of the request and explain why the extension is necessary.
Right to Data Portability
Article 20 of GDPR allows for Data Subjects to receive their personal data, which they have provided to a Data Controller, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and to transmit it to another Data Controller. The aim of this right is to support user choice, user control and consumer empowerment.
The right to data portability allows our consumers to obtain and reuse their personal data for their own purposes across different services.
It allows you to move, copy or transfer personal data easily from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way, without hindrance to usability.
When does the right to data portability apply?
The right to data portability only applies:
- to personal data you have provided to a Citrus Loans,
- where the processing is based on your consent or for the performance of a contract, and
- when processing is carried out by automated means.
How will Citrus Loans comply?
We will provide the personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable form. Machine readable means that the information is structured so that software can extract specific elements of the data. This enables other organisations to use the data.
The information will be provided free of charge.
How long do we have to comply?
We will respond without undue delay, and within one month.
This can be extended by two months where the request is complex or we receive a number of requests. We will inform you within one month of the receipt of your request and explain why the extension is necessary.
Where we are not taking action in response to a request, we will explain, informing you of your their right to complain to the supervisory authority and to a judicial remedy without undue delay and at the latest within one month.
Note that the right to data portability does not override your right of access to all information we hold about you which includes paper files and automated data. For the Subject Access data procedure, refer to the "Access your data" Section above.
You can request for a Data Portability or a Subject Request by either contacting us via your most preferred form of communication below:
Mailing Address: PO Box 15799, Solihull, B93 3GA
Phone: 020 3915 9996
Conflict of Interest
This client agreement is governed and shall be construed in accordance with English Law and the parties shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. Aspire Money Limited, including its other business is committed to:
- Identifying circumstances, which may give rise to conflicts of interest entailing a material risk of damage to customers interest.
- Establishing appropriate mechanisms and systems to manage those conflicts
- Maintaining systems in an effort to prevent actual damage to customer's interests through the identified conflicts.
When dealing with customers, Citrus Loans will disclose any conflict, where it arises and becomes apparent, to a customer prior to undertaking business or in the event that disclosure is not appropriate to manage the conflict. Citrus Loans will decline any transaction that gives rise to a conflict of interest.
We may disclose your information to a lender or lenders in accordance with your application, another broker if we are not able to arrange finance for you, other carefully selected product providers and regulatory bodies to ensure we process information correctly and are complying with regulatory requirements and other legal authorities if required by law.